Friday, March 27, 2015

District 2 Candidate Nancy Tellez Writes her response

Below are my responses to your questions. 
1.  Do you have a favorite Artist or Art Event in Fort Collins?
What I love is the variety of arts-related opportunities in Ft Collins.
The First Friday walks to the local galleries, the variety of stage
performances and concerts, and the museum provide us with a rich cultural
experience.

2.  How do you envision the future of the the Fort Collins Arts Community?
I support the growth of the arts community in Ft. Collins.  For the
specific direction of that growth, I would look to the arts community
itself and those in the broader Ft. Collins community who support the arts.

3. Are you aware that Fort Collins does not have an Arts Council?  Do you
think we need one?
What should determine that is not whether I think we need an Arts Council,
but whether the arts community and the community-at-large believes there
would be a value in the formation of such a council, what its
responsibilities, membership, etc., should be. 

4.  How do you personally support the Arts in Fort Collins?
I am a season-ticket holder at the Lincoln Center and the Midtown Arts
Center. I attend performances regularly at Bas Bleu Theater, Open Stage,
and the performing arts center at the former Fort Collins High School
addition, and I frequently participate in First Friday walks.  I also
attend arts events at our local schools. 

Thank you for engaging with the candidates on this important subject.
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here.