Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Mayorial Candidate Ward Luthi Answers Art related questions

1.  Do you have a favorite Artist or Art Event in Fort Collins?
 The Friday night Gallery Walk is my favorite art event in Fort Collins.

2.  How do you envision the future of the the Fort Collins Arts Community?
I would like to see the FC Arts Community expand.  I run hiking trips around the world, and I love the natural arts environment found in many European cities.  Rather than art being relegated to specific places or times, the art culture seems to pervade their cities.  I would like to see more of that here in Fort Collins, not only in art events but in how we build and lay out our city.

3. Are you aware that Fort Collins does not have an Arts Council?  Do you think we need one?
 I was not aware.  I think an Arts Council would be a positive move for Fort Collins.

4.  How do you personally support the Arts in Fort Collins?
To me, art is part of everything we do.  As a candidate for mayor who has a background in urban planning as well as wilderness education, I have worked since the late 1980's to make Fort Collins, our built environment, as beautiful as any natural area or art gallery.

My best,

Ward Luthi
wardformayor.org


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here.