Monday, December 8, 2014

What will happen in Old Town this Summer?

The Downtown Development Association of Fort Collins (the organization that started Beet Street) has made their decisions about what public arts projects they will fund for the Summer in Old Town Square.  Old Town Square is going to be renovated this Summer.  It is going to be a mess.  The DDA put a call out for Artists to submit proposals for Art Projects that will keep interest in Old Town and keep customers coming down during the construction.  My first thought when I heard of this plan was, "Isn't that what Streetmosphere already does?"  Other local Artists thought the same thing and when pushed, Jennifer Hensley of DDA simply said, "We want to go in a different direction."  So, I will be interested in what that direction is....Each accepted project will entail a two week to a month long stint on sight in Old Town square among the construction. 

Are you an artist who applied for this project?  Was your project accepted?  Let me know what your project is and how you plan to implement it in a constantly changing atmosphere?

2 comments:

  1. I never heard about it till now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The call for artists was in the ArtBeet Weekly for several weeks.
    I applied and got a call from Jennifer before Thanksgiving asking if I could 'do my thing' in May and that she'd get back to me soon. That's the last I've heard.

    ReplyDelete

Add your comment here.