Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Artspe@k Founder Leaving Murphy Center

I received sad news from Barbara Jensen at the Murphy Center.  She will be leaving the center and the wonderful Art Program she created, Artspe@k, in December.  Artspe@k gave homeless participants an opportunity to use art as a therapeutic way to deal with other parts of their lives they don't have control over.  I had the opportunity to work with the folks at Artspe@k in the winter of 2013.  While I enjoyed my time with the participants, I was particularly impressed with Barbara and her ability to relate to the participants in the program with out letting them get away with not delving deeper.  She is a fantastic spirit and I can't wait to see what she does next!  

Thanks, Barbara!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here.