Friday, November 14, 2014

Open Letter to Galleries that Host Group Exhibits

Dear Galleries that Host Group Exhibits,

If I send you a piece from far away and I cannot attend the opening, please send me a few photos of the installation.  This is especially appreciated if #1 I spent money on an entry fee to said exhibit #2 I paid for shipping of my work to and from said gallery #3 There is no monetary awards given to pieces in the exhibit.

If I don't have an image, how do I know you even unpacked the piece and exhibited it?

You would be surprised how many Galleries do not send me images of the installation, even after I have asked.  How hard is it to take a few snapshots with your phone?  I would think it would be good to have for your own records as well as be appreciated by the artists being exhibited.

If we all, as artists expect images of the installation, it will become part of the process.

What do you think?  Is this asking too much?

3 comments:

  1. At the Center, we supply press releases, installation images, reception images, and promote the artists through facebook (60k+ likes) and twitter 55.9k + followers). It's important to work with organizations that have the artists interest as their core value.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THat is why the Center for Fine Art Photography is one of the best Galleries in Northern Colorado. Mutual respect and passion for the work.

    ReplyDelete

Add your comment here.