Monday, January 5, 2015

New Director at the Fort Collins Museum of Art

Quietly, the new Fort Collins Museum of Art Executive Director, Lisa Hatchadoorian has entered the Art Scene in Northern Colorado.  A lot of people have big hopes for her tenure.  Hatchadoorian received her M.A. at the Center for Curatorial Studies at Bard College in 2000 and a B.A. in Art History & Music, University of Virginia in 1993.  She comes to Fort Collins after being the curator at the Nicolaysen Art Museum in Casper, WY since 2007.

A quote I love from the "My Approach" page on her website is
"I have to make what I exhibit relevant to life, or there is no purpose to what I do. I most firmly believe that art, whether it is painting, photography, drawing, video, installation, conceptual, or political can change how we see ourselves, the world, and our relationship within it, which is why I derive the greatest pleasure from the learning, exchange, and the opening up to new experiences and thought patterns"

Welcome Lisa!  I am excited about the future of the museum in your hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here.