Thursday, January 1, 2015

Got Local Art?

For 2015, I am starting a new series of posts on the blog.  These posts will be of local artists' art on your wall!  If you have art by a Northern Colorado Artist gracing your walls, please send me an image and the name of the artist and I will post it on my blog.  Your name will not be used, unless you would like it to be.  You could also send the story of the art, if you would like, how/when you aquired the piece and why.

My goal with this series is to show everyone how exciting (and painless) it is to buy a piece of art from a local artist, whether you bought it in a studio, art show, or at a coffee shop or if was given to you by a friend...Tell us the story!  Just send an image of the work hanging in your home to elmorisette@gmail.com.  Thanks!


To start things off, I will post a picture of a painting done for me by the lovely Molly Babcock, Art Teacher at Bennett Elementary School in Fort Collins and quite an Artist in her own right!  She painted this piece for me as a 'Thank You" for doing a felting residency with her students in Spring 2011.  I love this piece because it reminds me of her beautiful spirit and how wonderful it was to work with her and her kids at Bennett.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here.